Tuesday 28 April 2009

Crafts

On Saturday we had a bit of a charity shop tour, and found a stack of "Golden Hands Encyclopedia of Crafts" magazine from 1975. They were 10p each, so we bought a few issues.


This copy has very simple instructions for making full and half circle skirts. On my birthday day out to York yesterday, we found a colourful swirly quilt cover, that I'm going to make into a fabulous full length, full circle skirt :) Pictures to follow, of course. 


My current favourite item from the magazines is this gorgeous quilted bedspread. It looks so warm and cosy! And the colours are fab too! 


I couldn't resist posting this picture too - look at this knitted belt and sash :) 

 
Inspired by the sewing and craft ideas, I bought this top in a charity shop for £1. It's a bit too big, but I thought I might be able to alter it, or chop it up and make a new top out of it. I love the pattern.

My plan went slightly wrong... and now I have lots of probably quite useless pieces. But I will persevere when I get another hour or so, and if all else fails I'll cut it up smaller and make it into a bag. Waste not, want not and all that... 

No comments:

Post a Comment