Wednesday 19 August 2009

When I was just a little girl...


Well, I just couldn't help myself. I popped into the attic for something else, and just had to take some pictures. And yes, I am carrying that new camera everywhere today...

Anyway, these are pictures my mum brought with her at the weekend, dug out of her loft after years. 23 years, by the looks of it (really, that long??). I want to live on that farm just as much as I did when I was six. Those chickens! That house! Those cows? sheep? The yellow ones that look like moomins, anyway! I love it, and it's got pride of place above my sewing machine. It makes me smile :) 

This little book makes me smile too. I can't remember a thing about it, I don't know if it was based on a story we read at school, or if I just made it all up, but I like to think it shows an early inclination towards peace, cheeriness and working together :) And birds and beetles and mice :) I just love the way the eyes and whiskers change colour in every picture... 





No comments:

Post a Comment