Friday 7 August 2009

A spot of bother...

In a small episode that strongly represents several other episodes of my life involving technical equipment of some kind, I have broken my camera.

The flash has been broken for about 18 months since I dropped the camera on a pier in Orkney while photographing rusty old boats in a storm. 

The screen broke a few weeks ago at a festival. 

Yesterday morning the zoom lens mechanism broke. 

Yesterday evening I unscrewed the camera into several pieces and stared, as I have so often done before, at the pieces, wondering what on earth I was going to do with it now. 

Today I started looking for a new one. 

So there might be a lack of posts, or at least photos, from me for a few days, or maybe even a couple of weeks. Sorry. 

In the spirit of frugality and reuse, I'm hoping to buy one second hand. Which means that I can't just trot out and buy one tomorrow. Still, I'm good at hunting out second hand things, so I'm quietly confident that one will turn up soon. 

In the meantime, I'll rummage out some old photos later in the week and post those instead :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment