Thursday 17 February 2011

sunshine and spring

Well, I'm not entirely convinced we can say it's spring yet, but there's been some gorgeous sunshine around the place this week. I just couldn't resist taking this picture in the corner of the kitchen the other day, with the light streaming in through the living room window. Our kitchen is usually quite dark, and it just felt all lit up and colourful and spring-like.

I've also been hanging out of the attic window taking photos of the sky...



Hmm, a bit of a grey cloud sneaked in to that last one, see, we're not quite as far as spring yet!

(I'm still rather giddy at being PhD-free, so I'm sure there'll be a few more 'isn't everything great?!' posts to come in the next few days...)

3 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your kitchen, it's all warm and welcoming and I too have been looking at the sky lately, watching those clouds scoot by. Spring is definitely in the air :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alison :) Spring most definitely is in the air - hooray! (still pretty nippy round here though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything IS great! I always like looking at your photos. Your photo-views from the attic are wonderful. Emily

    ReplyDelete