Saturday 4 September 2010

for today...


Outside my window... the sky's grey and the city lights are starting to twinkle

I am thinking... about being weighed down by my things-to-do list - always a sure sign that I'm too tired

I am thankful for... a car and a partner that got home in one piece last night - even if it was at 2am

From the learning rooms... a still-not-finished PhD chapter, but it'll be done tomorrow!

From the kitchen... yet more pancakes, of course

I am wearing... new shoes! A rather uninspiring, but comfortable, charity shop find

I am creating...
extremely cheery bits of customising for my uninspiring new shoes! Photos to follow...

I am going... downstairs, to tidy up, and then to rest

I am reading... a story about a North Yorkshire rural policeman

I am hoping... that tonight will be restful, and tomorrow more energised

I am hearing...
power tools from the street. So many people building, making, doing...

Around the house...
a bit of sweeping and tidying and putting away, and contemplating bigger projects for tomorrow

One of my favorite things... curling up on the sofa with a blanket

A few plans for the rest of the week: chopping branches, a little creativity in the garden, starting to think about Christmas (did I really just say that???)

Not a hugely positive rambling from me today I'm afraid! I'm far too tired after last night's fiasco, and really should have taken a nap earlier. However, I didn't, so I'm heading for an early night instead. Back tomorrow with photos of my cheery little shoes project which took all of five minutes and lifted my spirits enormously!

More from the Simple Women's Daybook here

No comments:

Post a Comment