Saturday 4 September 2010

deep breaths

Well, would you look at that. I seem have made some more bunting! And mightily festive it is too, all red-and-white stripey, with little turquoise felt hearts and red buttons. Oh, so cheery! And winging its way north as we speak to a lovely friend who likes stripey things, and who I hope will love it as much as I do.

Anyway, if you're paying attention, you might be asking yourself why I'm up and sitting in front of the computer waffling on like this about bunting at ten past midnight.

I've been asking myself the same question.

Well, do you remember we bought a new car just four weeks ago? Would it surprise you to hear that the battery warning light started flashing last week? It might surprise you (if you know me well, that is) that we took it to the garage to see what was wrong. Nothing, apparently, but (and this will come as a surprise too) we booked it in for a service anyway - a level of grown up responsibility and car maintenance foresight not normally witnessed anywhere near me...

Anyway, poor old Peter is now sat in a cold service station car park waiting for the RAC, while I'm busy trying to cultivate an atmosphere of calmness and serenity for when they bring him home...

Tea, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment