Sunday 4 April 2010

sparkling in april

I don't know whether I've shared here recently that I've been feeling a little grumpy and stuck lately. I'm long past fed up that I'm still living in phd-land, and I was starting to feel stuck and worn down by my job. Now I've got a new job to look forward to (only 8 days of work left in the old one!), and hopefully only about 3 months left on the phd, so things really are moving forwards.

But it's not all been about work. I posted earlier this week about my goals, and how I've been doing, and I think having a good think about what I want to do over the next few months really works for me as a motivator to get things done. With that in mind, and with full knowledge that I'm just adding to my list of things to do, I'm going to be joining in with plan sparkle because, well, sparkling is fun, and sometimes it's easy to forget to do small cheery things for yourself when you're busy fretting about finances and gardening (even though those things are for myself to). I think I just confused myself there...

Anyway, sparkling is good, and April is a good month for sparkling, particularly this April, since I'm going to be 30 at the end of it! So to make sure I'm fully sparkling when I get there, I'll be...

* running 3 times a week, even if it is only for 20 minutes, I feel so much better when I do this!
* walking outside for 45 minutes every day (I actually do this most days anyway, just for journeys)
* drinking less tea
* cooking food at least five nights a week (hmm, slipped back into the bread-and-jam-for-tea habit again lately...)

So there we are, nothing dramatic at all, just a few small cheery things that will make me feel better and sparkle a little bit more! I'll keep updating on progress, and if you want to join in, pop over to Frugal Trenches and let her know!

No comments:

Post a Comment