Tuesday 19 May 2009

Pulling your socks up

The last couple of days have dragged quite a bit, mostly work, a bit of PhD, and I was wondering what I was going to write on this blog, since I haven't really got round to doing anything cheery. 

I'd planned to go out tonight, but it got to 8.30 and I was starting to think I couldn't be bothered, it was too much effort, it was a long walk, it would be a late night, I'd be better off curling up on the sofa... 

... sometimes it's good to give in to those feelings, good to stay at home instead of always partying. But not tonight, I need a good dose of daftness and cheeriness and singing and dancing. 

It's still light here at 8.30 (hooray!) so I went outside to plant out the cauliflowers and courgettes I've been growing on the windowsill. 

At least I think these are cauliflowers! They are yet another victim of my inadequate garden referencing system, and I'm not entirely sure what I planted. Still, we'll find out sooner or later. 

I managed to kill off my courgettes last year, and I'm still not quite sure what I did wrong. I've planted two of these out, and kept another two indoors to wait a bit longer in the warm. This way they might not all get eaten by the slugs... 

The garden's looking rather healthy these days! Everything's shooting up, everything's green. I tend to think there's not much weeding to do in a small garden, that once the big clearing stuff is out of the way, it's just about planting. But the lilac is sprouting up all over the place, as is the honeysuckle - most of which I'll be leaving as it's so beautiful, I can't resist the smell... 

I'm hoping a few things (not just spinach!) will live long enough to expand and fill those bare patches in the front. 

And now, off to the pub for an hour :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment