Monday 21 September 2009

A walk, and a bit of a tidy up

A good clear out of the linen cupboard, and a hoover down the back of the bed... (might see if I can get a photo without the twisted bead curtain once it gets light tomorrow). The bed is a mezzanine floor, what used to be the floor of a room. I love it that the bed is all that's up there, looking out onto the skylight. Mind you, I did have to strike a rather dashing and dangerous pose to get this photo...


And a nice walk in the park round the corner...

Last week wasn't all bad, although I'm spending far too much time screen-staring, and not enough sewing... And this week there's going to be a lot of work. More writing, of course. And my boss at my part time job will be getting married next weekend! So I'm doing a fair few hours helping her out this week running about, picking things up, dropping things off...

I was thinking about trawling the charity shops for a new outfit for the wedding, but I'm just not sure I'll have time this week, so I might just have to do with what I've got. I reckon the polka dot skirt I made wouldn't be too bad, with some rather fab red velvet shoes. Might mean a teeny, tiny bit of sewing though, just a small draw string bag to hold a few things... :)

I haven't decided if they'll be getting a present yet. They've asked for money towards their honeymoon and holidays next year, but it does feel rather peculiar to be donating money to my own boss, so I don't think that will happen. And I'm doing well with my hand made presents pledge this year, so I don't really want to break it just for this. However, they've been living together for 12 years, so don't really need anything new. Maybe I'll think of a small thing to make, or perhaps just make a nice card. Any suggestions for something small, and fairly easy to make in this hectic week??

2 comments:

  1. Good luck finding a gift! I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions, but I do think a little something would be good, rather than nothing at all.

    I popped over from Rhonda Jean's blog. I love the colors in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liza :)

    I'll write about what gift I eventually decide on.

    ReplyDelete