Wednesday 24 June 2009

Roses


I think I'm going to need a new camera. This one has been my faithful companion for about 5 years, been dropped more times than I can count, got wet, covered in tea and jam, and generally been mistreated and well loved :) 

Now I've managed to break the display window (or rather, it broke). I can still take pictures, by looking through the view finder like in the old days :) But I can't see how far I've zoomed, can't see which buttons I've pressed. The flash has been broken for a couple of years now, so that's no loss, but it was nice to be able to change the settings once in a while.

Anyway, I shan't be buying a new one for a while (I have other plans for my heard earned cash). So you'll have to bear with me while I adapt my miniscule photography skills. 

The garden's blooming at the minute. The pink rose bush in the front garden was the one I hacked right down to the ground last year, intending to pull it out of where I wanted the veg patch. But I couldn't dig far enough under it, so it got a stay of execution and now proudly presides over the food plants. It's done well after it's brutal treatment - I've never seen so many gorgeous huge roses, and look at that colour! 

The peach coloured rose is by the seating area near the back door. It's in the shade, and I haven't pruned it or anything, it's much smaller than the other one and it has just this one flower on it. Smells lovely though. 

It's been a busy week of work, holidays, hospitals, and flaking out, so projects other than the phd have taken a bit of a hit this week. But I've got a present on the go for a friend's birthday which I'll have finished by Friday, so I'll post pictures when it's done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment