Saturday 20 March 2010

adventures

It's been a funny old week. There I was at the beginning, bumbling along from one thing to another, and then all of a sudden on Wednesday I got offered a new job. Thank you so much to the people who commented and said congratulations, that really does mean so much :)

I've been like an over-excited small child at Christmas these last few days. Would you believe I was awake stupidly early in the morning thinking 'ooh, I'll have a new office!' 'ooh, I'll be able to put things into boxes!' 'ooh, I wonder if I'll be able to see the lake from my window'. Surely it's not just me who gets excited at the prospect of a whole new adventure? Because that's what this feels like, an adventure, and I haven't had a good old fashioned life-changing adventure for a while now.

Shall I tell you the most exciting things about this new job? There are two:

1. I'll be able to get my little foldy bike back into action. I've had it for years, and it's just absolutely perfect for some things, and this is one of them. I'm glad it'll be getting some proper use again! (like, 12 miles of proper use, twice a week).

2. There's a knitting club. Yep, a knitting club, on a Tuesday lunchtime. So I just have to figure out how to get Tuesday as one of my working days, without mentioning the knitting club.

3. (there's three, actually) I have a lovely cheery friend who works in the next building. Is there anything nicer than a friendly face nearby when you're starting a new adventure??

Anyway, so the point of all this rambling is to hopefully get some of it out of my head, so I can get back to talking about other things I've been up to this weekend, like making bread, planting fruit bushes, eating scones, sewing, you know, the normal kind of weekend things. More tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that photo with the pink and blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh many many nice things about your new job. Yes, the knitting club would be fun to join. AND great to use your neat little folding bike too! It all sounds wonderful really. Emily

    ReplyDelete